Samsung Now Largest Display Manufacturer

Samsung has spun off its display manufacturing into Samsung Display Co. This department is now officially the largest display manufacturer in the world with no less than 20 000 employees.Samsung is launching its subdivision Display Co.. which becomes the largest manufacturer of display panels with around 20 000 employees. The focus of the manufacturing will be on OLED technology even if the regular LCD will still have a major role to play in the foreseeable future.

Samsung Display will be merged with the other department Samsung Mobile Display starting July. Samsung owns 100 per cent of Samsung Display and 64.4 percent of Samsung Mobile Display, while Samsung SDI owns the remaining 35.6 percent.

The reason for launching Samsung Co. as a separate panel manufacturer is a previous economic loss of 750 million won (Korean currency) for the company in 2011.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.